Economic diversity improves the educational and social experience for students and is critical to sustaining a healthy school culture.Indexed Tuition is our tuition affordability model at MCDS. This equitable model supports our commitment to making an MCDS education accessible to a wide range of families with a variety of economic circumstances.
|Grades K - 4||$1000-$31,600|
|Grades 6 - 8||$1000-$34,400|
the cost of instruction, books and educational materials, lunch, outdoor education, field trips, laboratory fees, yearbooks, and athletic uniforms.
Tuition does not include:
the cost of optional items such as transportation, special tutoring, and extended care or after-school programs
Tuition below the top of the index:
- includes bus transportation at no extra cost
- extends to programs such as tutoring and after-school care; additional fees are indexed at the same rate as tuition.
Tuition fees for the 2018-19 school year will be determined in February 2018.
- Indexed Tuition at MCDS was launched in 2001 as a way to increase socio-economic diversity at MCDS.
- Every student's tuition is indexed to some degree; the highest tuition rate does not completely cover the full cost of educating a student at MCDS.
- Families must apply for I.T. each year and tuition can move up or down in line with a families economic profile.
- Tuition determinations are made by a familiy's entire financial profile, not solely income, and are assessed by the MCDS I.T. committee and SSS.
- Indexed Tuition dollars are derived primarily from the school's operating budget and unrestricted endowment income.
Indexed Tuition & Enrollment Coordinator
MCDS uses School and Student Service (SSS) to manage applications for indexed tuition.