Economic diversity improves the educational and social experience for students and is critical to sustaining a healthy school culture.Indexed tuition is our tuition affordability model at MCDS. This equitable model supports our commitment to making an MCDS education accessible to a wide range of families with a variety of economic circumstances.
|Grades K - 4||$1,000-$33,020|
|Grades 6 - 8||$1,000-$35,950|
The cost of instruction, books and educational materials, lunch, outdoor education, field trips, laboratory fees, yearbooks, and athletic uniforms.
Tuition does not include:
The cost of optional items such as transportation, special tutoring, and extended care or after-school programs
Tuition below the top of the index:
- includes bus transportation at no extra cost
- extends to programs such as tutoring and after-school care; additional fees are indexed at the same rate as tuition.
Tuition fees for the 2019-20 school year will be determined in February 2019.
- Indexed tuition (IT) at MCDS was launched in 2001 as a way to increase socio-economic diversity at MCDS.
- Every student's tuition is indexed to some degree; the highest tuition rate does not completely cover the full cost of educating a student at MCDS.
- Families must apply for IT each year and tuition can move up or down in line with a families economic profile.
- Tuition determinations are made by a familiy's entire financial profile, not solely income, and are assessed by the MCDS IT Committee and SSS.
- Indexed tuition dollars are derived primarily from the school's operating budget and unrestricted endowment income.