Indexed tuition is the tuition affordability model at MCDS. The purpose of indexed tuition (IT) is to help fulfill the MCDS mission by increasing economic diversity in the school community. Representation of families all across the full range of the economic spectrum broadens perspectives; reinforces core values of curiosity, empathy and action; and expands students’ vision of and for the world. Economic diversity enriches our community, fosters inclusion, and enhances the educational and social-emotional experience for both children and adults.
|Grades K - 4||$1,000-$38,220|
|Grades 6 - 8||$1,000-$41,230|
* For 2021-22 academic year
Tuition below the top of the index:
- includes bus transportation at no extra cost
- extends to programs such as tutoring and after-school care; additional fees are indexed at the same rate as tuition.
Tuition fees for the 2022-23 school year are determined in February 2022.
- Indexed tuition (IT) at MCDS was launched in 2001 as a way to increase socio-economic diversity at MCDS.
- Every student's tuition is indexed to some degree; the highest tuition rate does not completely cover the full cost of educating a student at MCDS.
- Families must apply for IT each year and tuition can move up or down in line with a families economic profile.
- Tuition determinations are made by a family's entire financial profile, not solely income, and are assessed by the MCDS IT Committee and SSS.
- Indexed tuition dollars are derived primarily from the school's operating budget and unrestricted endowment income.