How to Apply
Thank you for considering Marin Country Day School for your family. The admission season for the 2024-25 academic school is officially open! To begin the application process and register for upcoming admission events, please create an account in the admission portal, Ravenna. For any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to welcoming you to campus this fall!
- Campus Tour
- Self-Guided Family Tour
- Online Application
- Parent / Guardian Interview
- Student Assessments / Visits
- Admission Decisions & Family Reply Deadline
- International and Out of Town Applicants
October 2023 - January 2024
A vital part of learning about MCDS is at our in-person Campus Tours where you will have the opportunity to meet our Head of School, Katherine Dinh, our Admission Team, along with other faculty, staff and students. These visits include an extensive campus tour hosted by current MCDS parents/guardians where you will get a sneak peek into the daily life of the MCDS community.
Please note that the campus tour is a required application step for families in the Admission process.
If you require special accommodations or a Spanish or Mandarin language translator, please email us at email@example.com.
Are you a preschool director, educational consultant, or partner program representative interested in touring MCDS? We'd love to have you attend a Campus Tour! Please email The Admission Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up.
Saturday, October 14, 2023 and Saturday, December 9, 2023
Visit the beautiful 35 acre campus in Corte Madera, just 9 miles from Golden Gate Bridge. The tours are marked with signs and self-guided. Families are invited to bring their children along as there are activities for the whole family to enjoy on the tour route. Click here to register for a Self-Guided Family Tour. This event is optional.
Ready to apply? The admission season for the 2023-24 academic school year is open! Prospective families can start the application process online here through our admission portal, Ravenna. Begin by creating your child's personal account and registering for a Campus Tour and other school-related events.
- We do not accept applications to 8th grade.
- Application fee is $100, is payable online by credit card, and goes toward the cost of assessing applicants.
Once an online admission profile has been created in Ravenna, a 30-minute interview may be scheduled with a member of our admission team through your Ravenna account.
These conversations provide an opportunity to meet with an admission team member to learn more about your child and your family. Only one interview is needed per child; although twins can be discussed in the same interview. Any/all parents or guardians are expected to attend the interview. For additional questions about the interview, please contact the admission team (email@example.com).
**In an effort to make the application process more equitable and accessible for all families, interviews for the 2023-24 admission season will be conducted via Zoom. We recognize that making an additional trip to campus during the work day can pose challenges for some families. MCDS has found Zoom works well for most families, however, if you would like to request an in person interview please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Kindergarten Screening
The Kindergarten Screening is a required step in the application process. You must submit the application prior to registering for the screening. The Screening is a one-on-one in person assessment. You may sign up for a screening on either January 20, 2024 at Marin Country Day School, OR at the Jewish Community Center (JCC) of San Francisco (3200 California St, San Francisco, CA 94118) on February 3, 2024.
The Kindergarten Playdate
The Kindergarten Playdate is a required step in the application process. You must submit the application prior to registering for the playdate. The Playdate is a chance for your child to spend the morning with other prospective kindergarteners and MCDS faculty. This is an opportunity to get to know your child and for them to take a peek into the kindergarten experience.
More details will be provided to applying families via their Ravenna account.
Grade 6 and 7 applicants are required to attend the Upper School Admission Day that will be held on Saturday, January 27, 2024, from 8:15 AM to 11:00 AM. Applicants will meet Upper School faculty and other students applying for admission.
Supplemental Assessments: Grade 6 applicants will be required to submit supplemental assessments. More information is provided on your Ravenna dashboard.
We welcome applicants who live outside of the Bay Area and outside of the United States. We also want to personally meet all applicants and their parent(s)/guardian(s) during the application process. This meeting is a significant priority for us as we look to make connections with new families and get to know applicants as deeply as possible.
Through your Ravenna account, you can complete your child's application, sign up for events such as a tour, an interview and an assessment date for your child. For more information please contact the Admission Office: email@example.com.
We encourage you to apply if you feel MCDS would be a good community for your child and family!
LOWER SCHOOL APPLICANTS
- Kindergarten: Children who are five by August 31 in the year they would enroll are encouraged to apply.
- 1st-4th Grades: Admission to grades 1-4 varies year to year and is based on attrition and available spots.
UPPER SCHOOL APPLICANTS
- 6th Grade: As students move from fifth to sixth grade, the program shifts from self-contained classrooms to a departmental structure and grade-level advisor groups. This format allows us to admit approximately 25 new students, expanding the size of the grade which broadens the social dynamic of the class.
- 5th and 7th Grades: We have a limited number of spots that open in the 5th grade. Admission to grade 7 varies year to year and is based on attrition and available spots.
MCDS does not accept applications to eighth grade.
- October 13, 2023: MCDS sibling, faculty, staff applications due for Kindergarten applicants only.
- December 29, 2023: Applications due for Kindergarten applicants.
- January 11, 2024: Applications due for students applying to Grades 1 - 7.
- January 11, 2024: Applications due for
- March 14, 2024: Admission Decisions posted in your Ravenna account at 12:00 PM PST.
- March 21, 2024: Family Reply Deadline is 10:00 AM PST.