How to Apply
Thank you for considering Marin Country Day School for your family. The admission season for the 2022-23 school year is now open. Please click on the button below to start the process for your family. If you would like more information, please submit an inquiry here.
- Program and Place Video
- Campus Tour
- Self-Guided Family Tour
- Online Application
- Parent / Guardian Interview
- Student Assessments / Visits
- Notifications & Family Decision Deadline
- International and Out of Town Applicants
Get to know MCDS through a comprehensive video tour which will help you walk through our beautiful campus and get more information about our program. Please register for either a Campus Tour (weekday) and/or Self-Guided Family Tour (weekend) to visit our campus. Register for an event through Ravenna.
Mid-October - January
A vital part of learning about MCDS is at our in-person Campus Tours where you will have the opportunity to meet our Head of School, Katherine Dinh, our Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Division Heads, and our Admission Team. These visits will include an extensive on campus tour hosted by current MCDS parents. We are excited to have the opportunity to have parents/guardians on campus this year, however in following safety protocols, all indoor classrooms and buildings will be inaccessible to parents/guardians during the tour. Thus, we ask that you view the Program and Place Video prior to attending, as this will offer a closer look at our curriculum and community. This event is a required part of the Admission process. Please note that parents/guardians may alternatively choose to visit our campus during the weekend for a Self-Guided Family Tour to fulfill this admission step. Please register for all events through Ravenna.
If you require special accommodations or a Spanish or Mandarin language translator, please email us at email@example.com.
Are you a preschool director, educational consultant, or partner program representative interested in touring MCDS? We'd love to have you attend a Campus Tour! Please email NJ Han (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up.
Weekends from Mid-October - February
Visit the beautiful 35 acre campus in Corte Madera, just 9 miles from Golden Gate Bridge. In accordance with social distancing guidelines, attendance is staggered at these events. The tours are marked with wayfinding signs and self-guided. Parents/guardians can feel free to bring children along as there are activities along the way for the whole family. Click here to register for a Self-Guided Family Tour. This event is optional and may also fulfill the 'campus tour' admission step.
After a visit on our campus, prospective families may continue the application process online through our admission portal, Ravenna. You may start your inquiry process here by creating your child's personal account and registering for a campus tour and other school-related events.
Ready to apply? The admission season for the 2022-23 school year will open in early September. Click here to apply.
- We do not accept applications to 8th grade.
- Application fee is $100, is payable online by credit card, and goes toward the cost of assessing applicants.
Parent/Guardian interviews will be offered virtually for the 2021-22 admission season.
After a tour and once an online admission profile has been created in Ravenna, a 30-minute interview may be scheduled with a member of our admission team through your Ravenna account.
These conversations offer an opportunity to meet a team member in person and engage in an informal exchange. Only one interview is needed per child; twins can be discussed in the same interview. Any/all parents or guardians are expected to attend.
In response to the continued impact of COVID-19, a number of Bay Area independent schools banded together to offer virtual Kindergarten videos that parents/guardians may record from the comfort of their home. We are committed to continuing this partnership for the 2021-22 admission season. In addition, we will invite parents/guardians and their rising Kindergarteners to an on-campus play date for an opportunity for an experience on the MCDS campus and to meet teachers and peers in person.
Videos can be filmed on a cell phone in the comfort of your home or any other setting. No special preparation, materials, or equipment will be required. Detailed instructions on how to complete this requirement will be communicated directly to parents when they apply.
Virtual Assessment: Grade 6 applicants are required to attend Admission Day that will be held on Saturday, January 29, 2022 from 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Applicants will meet Upper School faculty and other students applying for admission.
Supplemental Assessments: Grade 6 applicants will be required to submit supplemental assessments. More information is provided on your Ravenna dashboard.
After the admission checklist has been completed, applications have been processed, and assessment results have been gathered, the Admission Committee will post final decisions through your Ravenna account on March 17, 2022. Families will have until 10 AM on March 24 to accept or deny admission offers.
We welcome applicants who live outside of the Bay Area and outside of the United States. We also want to personally meet all applicants and their parent(s)/guardian(s) during the application process. For this admission season, we will be offering virtual meetings and alternative plans for on campus visits. This meeting is a significant priority for us as we look to make connections with new families and get to know applicants as deeply as possible.
Through your Ravenna account, you can complete your child's application, sign up for events such as a tour, an interview and an assessment date for your child. For more information contact NJ Han at email@example.com for Kindergarten applicant families or Lowell Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org for those families applying to grades 1-7.
We encourage you to apply if you feel MCDS would be a good community for your child and family!
LOWER SCHOOL APPLICANTS
- Kindergarten: Children who are five by August 31 in the year they would enroll are encouraged to apply; however there is not an absolute cut-off date. We have a developmental program that is appropriate for a range of children and waiting an extra year is not necessarily an automatic benefit.
- 1st-4th Grades: Admission to grades 1-4 is common, but based on attrition, so therefore difficult to predict exact number of yearly openings.
UPPER SCHOOL APPLICANTS
- 6th Grade: As students move from fifth to sixth grade, the program shifts from self-contained classrooms to a departmental structure and grade-level advisor groups. This format allows us to admit approximately 20-30 new students, expanding the size of the grade which broadens the social dynamic of the class.
- 5th and 7th Grades: Admission to grades 5 and 7 is common, but is based on attrition, so therefore difficult to predict exact number of yearly openings.
MCDS does not currently accept applications to eighth grade.
- Oct 19, 2021: MCDS sibling, faculty, staff applications due for Kindergarten applicants only
- January 13, 2022: Applications due for new families
- January 13, 2022: Applications due for
- March 18, 2022: Admission Notifications available in your Ravenna account at 12:00 PM PST
- March 25, 2022: Family Reply deadline is 10:00 AM PST sharp