Keeping calm and carrying on is a tall order for many of us right now. Counselors Margie Schwartz and Nell Branco share strategies to help parents navigate this challenging time.
The health and well-being of our school community is our highest priority and we are actively monitoring the latest information regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Distance learning will continue through the remainder of the current academic year.
This page provides information and resources for MCDS families and will be updated as the situation evolves.
Curated Resources and Activities for Students!
We've put together an amazing list of online resources and activities for your kids, you check out the list here!
Social and Emotional Support for Kids: Parent Questions and Tips
Margie, Nell and Darlene have answered the questions submitted by parents prior to their Zoom session and have compiled them, along with dozens of helpful parent tips, into a single resource for families. You can find the Q&A and tips here.
Resources from Lynn Lyons and how to cope with social distancing and sheltering in place.
There are many great resources online, but this is also a time when it helps to look away from the screen and focus on taking care of ourselves and our families.
MCDS counselors Margie Schwartz and Nell Branco offer suggestions and resources on how to talk to your kids about coronavirus.
- What can I do to keep my family healthy?
- Should my family inform the school of any spring break travel plans?
- What happens if MCDS has to close due to COVID-19?
- How will families be notified of a school closure?
- Is there a plan to provide learning opportunities for students during an extended school closure?
- Is MCDS planning to cancel student overnight trips?
- Has the school talked to students about coronavirus?